Choosing another campus for Homecoming dance

The Homecoming dance is Saturday, but for some students on campus, homecoming will mean a visit to another Frisco ISD school.

Minuki Medis

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

The Homecoming dance is Saturday night and while some students are deciding on what dress to wear or what shoes to buy, some students are deciding on what school they want to go to for homecoming.

“I chose to go to homecoming at a different school because I don’t like anyone here,” sophomore Fiza Basheer said. “I didn’t go to my school’s homecoming and another school’s homecoming because it was more convenient for me.”

Although student council encourages students to go to homecoming, having fun is the most important thing to some.

“Student council advertises through social media, posters, and word of mouth,” student council sponsor Jay Sommers said. “Honestly, the kids just know about homecoming so we really don’t need to advertise a lot other than telling them the date. I know a lot of kids from other campuses come to our homecoming and there are a bunch of our kids that go to the others and it’s probably too expensive to do both, but as long as they’re getting out and having fun and enjoying themselves, I think going to either is great.”