Review: Andy’s Frozen Custard

Review: Andys Frozen Custard

Cole Engelbrecht, Guest Contributor

For the people who are big dessert lovers, Andy’s Frozen Custard is the way to go when it comes to satisfying your sweet-cravings. Before, the closest location was in Carrollton, but the new location in front of Lebanon Trail High School has just opened. With its widespread menu, Andy’s is the place to go for sundaes, shakes, concretes, malts, sundaes, and floats.

Called the largest dessert only franchise in the world, Andy’s Frozen Custard sure meets the needs of those who enjoy trying new places to grab a quick dessert. However, when customers first see it, it looks rather ordinary. However, the “Triple Chocolate Concrete”, defies explanation, it’s that good. Featuring multiple varieties of chocolate, cookie dough bites and chocolate chips, this has become one of my favorite things to grab for a dessert with friends.

Called concretes, the super thick milkshakes served here are easily one of the best ever tasted. Customers have the option to pick many different flavors of concretes, from chocolate, strawberry, pecan, mint, Oreo, and other seasonal flavors.

With an old-fashioned style building, customers can walk up to the order menu, and request what you want, or simply go through a drive-thru. From there, customers can be on their way or sit at tables or benches placed across the property allowing one to enjoy their snack on the spot.

Andy’s Frozen Custard is a treat in more ways than one. The employees are friendly, the menu is very diverse, and the prices are fair. This is a kid friendly place, while also appealing to teenagers and even adults. With another location opening in Frisco soon on Custer/El Dorado, Andy’s is surely worth a visit.