Band takes their show to the streets

The marching band will be walking through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods Saturday from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. for their annual March-a-thon fundraiser.

The marching band will be walking through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods Saturday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. for their annual March-a-thon fundraiser.

Brooke Colombo, Staff Reporter

Rather than sleeping in on Saturday morning, the school’s band will kick off the year with their fourth annual March-a-Thon Fundraiser from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., where they will march four miles through the Turnbridge Manor and Hunters Creek neighborhoods.

“March-a-Thon gets the neighborhood ready [to be] supportive of the band,” junior Isabella Parish said.

The band will be stopping along their route to play show music and mini concerts and encourage audiences to watch them perform and donate to their fundraiser. They are hoping to raise $30,000 for the year.

“[The donations] go to a plethora of things,” Weaver said. “They pay for clinicians like college professors that come work with the band program and this year help quite a bit for the trip to Chicago which is in the area of about $12000.”

Screen Shot 2015-09-04 at 11.54.06 AM
The band will start and end its Saturday March-a-Thon at the school wand will make several stops throughout its four mile march.

Donations are accepted through Paypal on the band’s website, as well as cash or checks made out to Redhawk Band Booster Club (or RBBC).