Best Buddies launches holiday party season

Hot chocolate, cookies, chips and other snacks were some of the treats available for Best Buddies club members at the organizations winter party Thursday after school in the cafeteria.

Sydney Gish

Sydney Gish, Guest Contributor

All across campus various classes, groups and organizations are hosting holiday parties and for Best Buddies that happened in the cafeteria Thursday after school.

“The purpose was just to get together, and have our last hoorah before winter break,” president Rylee McHenry said. “We all got to have a good time and celebrate the holidays together.”

Members and buddies got a chance to decorate cookies, make hot chocolate and win prizes through games like bingo and pin the ornament on the tree.

“I loved seeing all the buddies again and spending time with friends,” sophomore Jennifer Hernandez said. “I feel like it was a good way to get to know everyone even better and the cookies were really fun to decorate and eat.”

Best Buddies also collected donations for the SPCA and made cards to send out to veterans during the party.

“In our organization we really like to give back to the community and I personally feel like this is a time we really need to give back,” vice president Anneliese Kagerer said. “We chose to do cards for veterans because they’re out serving us and Best Buddies wants to give back, and I chose to do the SPCA since during the holidays a lot of people don’t think about the animals.”