Robison pins again and again and again

Senior wrestler wins a match by pin for the 100th time

Walking off the mat after pinning a wrestler from Belen High School in New Mexico, senior Jordan Robison became the first wrestler in school history to win 100 matches by pin.  He earned this distinction at the Grapevine Duals meet Friday and Saturday at Grapevine High School.

provided by Jordan Robison

Walking off the mat after pinning a wrestler from Belen High School in New Mexico, senior Jordan Robison became the first wrestler in school history to win 100 matches by pin. He earned this distinction at the Grapevine Duals meet Friday and Saturday at Grapevine High School.

For the 100th time in his high school wrestling career, senior Jordan Robison won a match by pinning his opponent. It happened this past weekend at the Grapevine Duals tournament where Robinson went 10-0 leaving him with a total of 151 high school wins, 107 by pin.

He has this great work ethic so he’s just not going to be denied

— assistant wrestling coach Tim Brennan

“It’s awesome,” Robison said. “It’s something I’ve started working for when I first started my career here at Liberty and it feels amazing to finally accomplish it.”

A pin is the best thing a wrestler can do in a match, scoring the team six points, the most possible. According to assistant wrestling coach Tim Brennan, Robison pins about 12 out of 14 of his opponents.

provided by Jordan Robison
Celebrating his 100th win by pin, senior Jordan Robison poses for a picture after the match with assistant wrestling coach Tim Brennan. Brennan estimates that Robison wins by pin 12 out of every 14 matches.

“I think for Jordan, he has this great work ethic so he’s just not going to be denied,” Brennan said. “He does all the extra things so he can be the best.”

Robison reached the 100 win club in the middle of his junior year and has averaged about 40 wins per season.

“I got my most single season pins I think last year I had like 33 all year,” Robison said. “Most people get in the century club which is 100 wins and I got that like half way through the season last year, I’m at like 150 now, but nobody’s gotten a hundred pins so far except me.”