DART art lands senior a spot in the DMA

Linh-hoa Nguyens entry into DARTs Annual Student Art Contest received Honorable Mention and will be displayed in the Dallas Museum of Art from April 18-30.

provided by Linh-hoa Nguyen

Linh-hoa Nguyen’s entry into DART’s Annual Student Art Contest received Honorable Mention and will be displayed in the Dallas Museum of Art from April 18-30.

Wingspan Staff

Mind blowing, ecstatic, shock are just a few of the words senior Linh-Hoa Nguyen used to describe her thoughts after receiving Honorable Mention in DART’s Annual Student Art Contest and will have work displayed at the Dallas Museum of Art April 18-30.

“I was ecstatic when I heard the good news,” Nguyen said via email reply. “I was jumping, shrieking, and running around my house for a good ten minutes. The thought of having my art in one of my favorite art museums is absolutely mind blowing. It still leaves me completely in shock.”

Nguyen and other award winners will be recognized at 1:00 p.m. on April 29 at the DMA Horchow Auditorium.

“To be quite frank, I was not expecting to even be awarded a spot as an Honorable Mention because I did not do as well on the project last year,” Nguyen said via email reply. “This year I got numerous friends’ opinions on the poster and worked hard on making it a piece that I would be proud of in the future.

Taking graphic design at the CTE, Nguyen’s Honorable Mention entry was class work.

“Almost every project we do in class is for a client,”  Nguyen said via email reply. “In this case, we were able to submit our project for DART’s annual competition. In all of the CTE graphic design classes, each student worked on a poster that could potentially win money and their art plastered on the DART vehicles.”