• First day of school is August 21

• Wingspan is on summer vacation but check back for occasional updates

Rain washes out Senior Night

With a strong storm system blowing through the area during Senior Nite at Six Flags, The Joker ride got stuck leaving six non-Liberty students stuck for more than three hours.

Hallie Hunter

Hallie Hunter

Brooke Colombo, News Editor

A night designed to help seniors go out with a bang, instead left many of those that attended soaked after spending hours in the rain at Six Flags Senior Nite Friday as the special event from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday was disrupted by thunderstorms and the threat of severe weather.

The rain honestly really ruined the night,” senior Ashlyn Craig. “Everyone pulled an all nighter just to ride three rides. Everyone was already cold and tired, and it was just as crowded as Six Flags would be on a normal day.”

Many rides were shut down due to the weather and Six Flag’s newest coaster, the Joker, was stuck with passengers aboard for more than three hours. While no students from the school were among those stuck, many were waiting in line for the ride.

“I didn’t know anyone that was stuck on the ride,” senior Mallory Reed said. “I remember walking up to the Joker and being shocked that it was stuck.”

Although the bad weather put a damper on the night, Six Flags refunded the students’ tickets.

“I just wish it would’ve been better weather, so that we could’ve stayed the whole time,” senior Ashley Madden said. “Luckily, we got refunded, so we can have a senior day 2.0.”