• First day of school is August 21

• Wingspan is on summer vacation but check back for occasional updates

Filed under Campus Life, Showcase

10 months of work put on display Thursday

2016-17 Legacy yearbook released during all lunches

Dozens of boxes from yearbook publisher Balfour await unpacking on distribution day Thursday, May 25, 2017.

After months and months of work, the 2016-17 edition of the Legacy yearbook was distributed during all lunches Thursday.

“I am extremely happy with the yearbook especially how the design and everything came together,” yearbook editor-in-chief Kela Thomas said.  “In my opinion, if you compare it to other books, I think ours is very well-designed and unique. I feel like we know what we’re doing, and we did it right this year.”

I really like the yearbook this year because the design was well planned out,”

— junior Siddhi Patadia

Implementing a few different things, yearbook adviser  Carole Babineaux says this year’s edition has some noticeable changes.

“For one thing, it’s larger this year with more pages. Two hundred and ninety six pages to be exact,” Babineaux said. “We also have a more modern looking design, students are working really hard to learn modular design, which we call it. We also hope to see better coverage and more of what the students enjoy.”

According to Babineaux, yearbooks may seem insignificant now but will become valuable later.

“The whole idea of a yearbook is that you’re capturing memories from the year, but not just memories of people but of events, trends, fads, the kind of cars kids were driving, etc,” Babineaux said. “You really don’t know the value of your yearbook until ten, twenty, thirty, maybe even fifty years because it only captures one year and every year is different.”

No matter where one went during 3rd or 4th period, students could be seen checking out this year’s book with early feedback positive.

You really don’t know the value of your yearbook until ten, twenty, thirty, maybe even fifty years,”

— yearbook adviser Carole Babineaux

“I really like the yearbook this year because the design was well planned out,” junior Siddhi Patadia said. “I think how the inside is organized is really well done, and honestly the cover is one of my favorite parts.”

In the end, Babineaux hopes ten months of hard work by the yearbook staff will be acknowledged by the student body.

“I certainly hope people appreciate the work the students have put in all year because this is a long commitment on their part,”  Babineaux said. “We know it’ll never be perfect and there will always be something that gets past us during the final printing process but we hope the students understand that nothing is ever done on purpose. The little mistakes upset us more than they do them. But I do hope they appreciate this yearbook.”