Induction ceremony for NFHS Wednesday

French teacher Dina Baalbaki will be inducting several students into the National French Honors Society on Wednesday at 8 a.m. in the auditorium.

Keegan Williams

Brooke Colombo, News Editor

Several French students are being inducted to the National French Honors Society Wednesday at 8 a.m. in the auditorium.

“[The program] provides an opportunity to recognize outstanding scholarship in the study of French language through selection for membership, the wearing of a French colors cord at graduation, and the right to wear the official emblem/pin of the honor society,” French teacher Dina Baalbaki said. “The chapter provides a vehicle for focusing activities around French language and literature and also for encouraging member participation in having it as a minor or major in college.”

Students must have taken two years of French with an A in the class and at least a B in all other courses during the year of induction.

“Being inducted shows that my studiousness in the French classroom can have real life application,” senior Jenny Yin said. “It opens my eyes to the countless ways I can make a difference in and grow the French community around here.”

After being inducted, students are able to take on more responsibility in the program.

“There is the opportunity to experience leadership,” Baalbaki said. “[Members can] serve as officers, direct the initiation ceremony, and lead other chapter events.”