Waiting on the weather

Thursday’s game postponed with no official word on when it will be rescheduled

With constant rain and lightning, Thursdays game at Toyota Stadium was postponed with the game tentatively rescheduled for Friday at Little Elm.

Makayla DeLeon

With constant rain and lightning, Thursday’s game at Toyota Stadium was postponed with the game tentatively rescheduled for Friday at Little Elm.

Arman Kafai, Staff Reporter

With their backs against the wall, the football team will have to wait a little longer as they fight for their playoff lives. Due to the inclimate weather conditions, Thursday’s contest vs Centennial was postponed until Friday with a tentative kickoff of 7 p.m. at Little Elm.

“It’s kinda disappointing to not be play [Thursday] night,” senior linebacker Gage Reiter said. “We were so amped up to play at 7 p.m. on Thursday night, but it’s going to be a different situation playing [today]. We’re just as prepared and ready to play at whatever point we play.”

Despite the delay, the team will not be changing their preparations.

“The game plan stays in tact,” defensive coordinator Matt Swinnea said. “It’s more about everyone staying focused and just seeing what’s going to happen. It irritates us a little bit, but it is what it is, so we just carry on.”

However, the delay did provide a challenge for the players Thursday night as they thought out what they had to do.

“We got to go home, get a good sleep, a good night meal, and watch film over Centennial,” sophomore wide receiver Reggie Chaney said.

Reiter insists the team will be ready whether the game is Friday or later.

“We’ve formulated the gameplan in practice this whole week,” Reiter said. “We are ready to go, it makes no difference to us.”