• First day of school is August 21

• Wingspan is on summer vacation but check back for occasional updates

Baseball season brought to an end by Prosper

Lining up along the first baseline, the baseball team stands for the national anthem before Friday's opening round playoff game against Prosper at Plano West. The team would go on to lose the game 10-1 and the series 2-0.

@LHSFans1

Arman Kafai, Lead Sports Reporter

The baseball team’s season ended Saturday as the team fell to Prosper in two games, losing 10-1 Friday and 11-3 Saturday afternoon at Plano West.

“We ran into a buzzsaw,” head coach Scott McGarrh said. “They picked the right time to get extremely hot with their bats. We scouted them, and they were good, and we didn’t think they were quite that good, but they just played better than us. It was tough.”

The team finished with a 17-13 record on the season, the 4th straight winning season for the team.

“The kids were awesome,” McGarrh said. “We had eight seniors this year, that were probably the best seniors I’ve ever had. They were the first ones here and the last ones to leave. They were that hardest working ones in the weight room, and they just loved the game of baseball. It was a good, fun season. Brody Curry out dueling Wakeland was my favorite memory; seeing him pitch to his potential and seeing the satisfaction on his face was one of the better memories.”

Even though eight seniors are leaving, the team will be returning seven starters. The biggest question will be pitching, with seniors Brody Curry and Noah Thompson graduating.

“We had a lot of underclassmen start this year,” McGarrh said. “We have seven starters returning, but our graduating our top two pitchers and our utility guy in Mark Simpson. So we’ve got to find a catcher and guys to pitch. [Dylan] Strater, [Garrett]Crews, Younger [Ryder] Capps are all candidates for catching and pitching wise, Donovan Langston, Riley Edwards, Austin Nault, Logan Ransom and a couple of JV guys. Overall, we will be fine.”