Established in 2006, Liberty High School (grades 9-12) is the fourth high school opened by the Frisco Independent School District. For the 2016-17 school year, the school has an enrollment of 2,040 with a staff of administrators, teachers and support of 225.
In its second year, LibertyWingspan.com was launched in August 2015.
Liberty High School | 15250 Rolater Road | Frisco, TX 75035
Wingspan, an online publication produced by students at Liberty High School, was created to be a reliable news source for the student body, community, and general public. News is reported through a variety of mediums to provide timely updates without bias to race, religion or social creed.
Submit to Wingspan
Wingspan encourages its audience to submit story ideas, letters to the editors, or original content. To do this, visit Wingspan’s Submit a Letter page.
As a news-oriented publication, Wingspan tries to maintain an unbiased and fair representation of events in news stories. In columns and editorials, however, the opinion and voice of the reporter is expressed. These views do not represent Wingspan, Liberty High School or FISD as a whole. Wingspan is under no obligation to seek out views that differ from staff reporters. However, Wingspan will post different views if and when those opinions are submitted.
Any advertisements for businesses (local or otherwise), upcoming events, clubs or activities, etc. are accepted in Wingspan, providing they do not contain vulgar or slanderous language or demeaning messages. Please contact [email protected] for any further questions concerning advertisement. The staff of Wingspan will design the ad upon request. The staff reserves the right to refuse advertising based on content appropriate for Liberty students.
- Articles with more than two contributors will not include a byline and will be credited to Wingspan Staff.
- All bylined writers will be held accountable for their work and its accuracy.
- All pictures, graphics, columns, articles, videos, reviews and other original material will the exception of staff editorials will be bylined with the producers name.
- Wingspan values the opinion of its readers and encourages them to discuss its content.
- Comments containing obscene, suggestive, vulgar, profane (including letters followed by dashes or symbols), threatening, disrespectful, or defamatory language will not be published and will be reported to the administration.
- Attacks on groups or individuals based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or creed will be rejected.
- All threats are taken seriously. If we are worried for someone’s safety, the comment and related identifying information will be passed along to relevant authorities and/or the school administration.
- All comments written from the school network are subject to the school’s Acceptable Use Policies. At the discretion of the staff of Wingspan, comments and related identifying information will be passed onto the school administration.
- All comments are approved by Wingspan staff. Comments are reviewed as often as possible. This process results in a delay of anywhere from a few hours to a day before a comment is posted.
- Do not misrepresent yourself by using someone else’s name. Wingspan does not allow anonymous comments and requires a valid email address. The email address will not be displayed but will be used to confirm your comments.
- Wingspan is open to strong opinions and criticism of its work, but Wingspan does not publish comments discussing its policies and practices. Please stay on topic.
- Likewise, we welcome strong opinions and criticism of our reporters work. However, personal attacks on reporters’ will not be published.
- If you feel strongly that something was reported poorly, or strongly disagree with an opinion, we encourage you to submit a full article or commentary on the subject: guest columns can be emailed [email protected]
- The views expressed in comments are solely the authors’ and do not reflect the views of Wingspan, Liberty High School, or the Frisco ISD.
- Once submitted, comments become the property of Wingspan.
Corrections and Errors Policy
Grammatical and factual errors will be corrected in a timely fashion as soon as they are detected. When this is done, Wingspan will indicated that a story has been updated and why it has been. If you find an error, please let the reporter know by commenting on the story or emailing Wingspan at [email protected]
- March 27, 2017 – “Golf drives to state”, the byline was incorrectly given to Keegan Williams. It was changed to Jordan Klein, the reporter that produced the story. The date of the boys’ tournament was incorrectly given as March 27 and 28 but the correct dates are April 3-4.
- March 19, 2017 – “From school to home school” was deleted from the Campus Life section due to some concerns regarding the accuracy of information provided to a Wingspan reporter. Unable to factually verify quotes, the decision was made to remove the story.
Social Media News Gathering Policy