New cafeteria choices do not disappoint

From+mini+pancakes+to+toast%2C+the+cafeteria+offers+a+variety+of+breakfast+options+that+are+worth+trying+out.+

From mini pancakes to toast, the cafeteria offers a variety of breakfast options that are worth trying out.

Riley McGuiness, Staff Reporter

With the new year now in full swing, the cafeteria has come up with new meal options for students to enjoy. Among these new additions, are miniature pancakes with maple syrup bits, Pillsbury cherry pastry twisters, and a new style of baking cookies.

Even if past cafeteria experiences have left a bad taste in your mouth, this year’s choices will not disappoint. From the friendly cafeteria staff, to the Pizza Hut style pizza, there is something for everyone to enjoy.

Not only is the pizza a popular item for students, the Asian style line and the nacho lines are in high demand this year. Redhawks can build their own burrito with toppings ranging from chopped chicken to corn salsa. Whatever is wanted, the ladies in white will try to provide.

With the many different options, it’s easy for incoming freshman to feel overwhelmed and overspend on their lunches. Although many people are excited about all the new additions, it would be in your best interest to only try two or three of these delicious additions a day so that there are still items that still grab your attention throughout the year.

If you’re looking for more of a midday pick me up, the coffee bar is the place for to go. Although it is no Starbucks, the wide variety of coffees, salads, and little treats that promise to leave Redhawks with a smile on their face. The cafe opens at 8 a.m., so  if you aren’t able to stop by your favorite fast food breakfast in the morning, the Coffee Bar is the place for you.