• Freshman Flight School Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

• First day of school is August 21

• Wingspan is on summer vacation but check back for occasional updates

Review: Blaze Pizza

Guest contributor Melody Tavallaee reviews Blaze Pizza, which brings a taste of urban to suburban Frisco.

Melody Tavallaee, Guest Contributor

While living in a suburban area like Frisco, is very enjoyable, it can be a nice change every once in awhile to escape into a more modern atmosphere. Blaze Pizza located at Preston Road in Frisco offers the perfect short term escape with a very urban and contemporary vibe greeting the customers as they walk in.   

When walking up to order your meal, the workers welcome you with a very polite and friendly attitude. Their incredible service is very fast and diners get their meal without long waits or busy lines. They are quick to serve their food with a smile, a very warm and courteous touch along with the delicious food.

Besides having great service, their menu is full of options designed to cater to various dietary requirements. Every single pizza comes with a standard base that is customizable by the customer. And with their nutritional calculator, it is easy to see the best option for you, from vegan alternatives to gluten free ingredients.  

Most of the pizzas appear somewhat healthy as they do not have much grease and come on a light thin crust. They have healthier options compared with most other pizzas and they range between 600-850 calories for a full personal pizza. For an even healthier option, they also have a great range of salads so everyone can find something to enjoy.

For the final course of the meal, they offer a decadent and irresistible s’mores pie. This is the perfect way to end the meal, despite not being the healthiest option, because of the sweet chocolate and gooey marshmallows, making it impossible to turn away.

And the final cherry on top was the affordable prices. Every base pizza on the menu was just under $10, making it very convenient for most people to be able to purchase.
From the good service to the delicious yet healthy food, Blaze Pizza caters to many people and is the perfect option for a quick, tasty meal.