Weather postpones first UIL meet

The UIL team is coached by teachers that correspond to the subject area. Coaches lead meetings for the teams and help students prepare for the competitions.

Sarah Philips

Wade Glover, WTV Staff Reporter

The first academic UIL meet of the season at Flower Mound High School has been moved to this Saturday after it was postponed last Saturday due to the blast of winter weather that most of North Texas experienced last weekend.

“We were contacted late Friday afternoon by Flower Mound,” campus UIL coordinator Jeff Schrantz said. “Since they were hosting so many schools from all around the state, some of which the weather was a lot worse than it was here and since they were not going to be able to make the meet, they went ahead to make the decision to postpone it for a week.”

While the meet has been moved back a week, Schrantz still has high hopes for the school’s UIL teams.

“For the last few months, each team has been meeting with their coach and practicing getting ready for specific events leading up to this first practice meet of the year,” Schrantz said. “Traditionally there’s been really strong competition at Flower Mound and a lot of people make it to state.”