• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

WTV Daily Update named southwest’s best

WTV Daily Update and anchor Neha Perumalla is the person in charge of deciding what goes into each day's broadcast and puts everything together. This is the second year in a row, the WTV Daily Update has been named the Southwest regional winner for Best Daily Taped Show.

WTV screenshot

Wade Glover, WTV Staff Reporter

For the second year in a row, the WTV Daily Update has been selected as the Southwest’s Broadcast Excellence Daily Taped show winner by Student Television Network. In just its second year, the WTV Daily Update features coverage of school and community news, sports and campus life.

“It’s always nice for the students to be recognized for the work they are doing,” broadcast adviser Brian Higgins said. “The great thing about this award is that we didn’t submit, and you’re not allowed to submit, a “best of show”. We simply went back and picked what we thought was a strong representation of what we do on a daily basis and were fortunate enough to named a regional winner.”

Students work on the show every morning in first and second period, and for WTV Daily Update Producer Neha Perumalla, it’s a reflection of the hard work she and others put into the  show.

“It feels amazing to have won this award,” Perumalla said. “All the hard work and stress that goes into making the daily update every day is finally paying off.”

National winners will be announced at the Student Television Network convention on March 29 in Anaheim, CA.

Wade Glover, WTV Executive Producer

Wade Glover is a senior. He is serving as the Executive Producer for Wingspan TV in his fourth year of the Wingspan program. Wade is also the Student Body President and the President of Pulse, the campus climate committee. He is an active member in the Youth programs at Custer Road United Methodist Church and goes on at least one mission trip every summer. Wade is a two time recipient of the President’s Volunteer Service Award (2016, 2017) and proudly volunteers with many local organizations. He is the former chairman of the Frisco chapter of Young Men’s Service League where he encouraged teenage boys and their moms to give back to the community together. Wade is looking to study broadcast journalism with an emphasis on political science following his time at Liberty.

Contact Wade: [email protected]