• Color Guard continue through Thursday

WTV Daily Update named southwest’s best

WTV Daily Update and anchor Neha Perumalla is the person in charge of deciding what goes into each day's broadcast and puts everything together. This is the second year in a row, the WTV Daily Update has been named the Southwest regional winner for Best Daily Taped Show.

WTV screenshot

Wade Glover, WTV Staff Reporter

For the second year in a row, the WTV Daily Update has been selected as the Southwest’s Broadcast Excellence Daily Taped show winner by Student Television Network. In just its second year, the WTV Daily Update features coverage of school and community news, sports and campus life.

“It’s always nice for the students to be recognized for the work they are doing,” broadcast adviser Brian Higgins said. “The great thing about this award is that we didn’t submit, and you’re not allowed to submit, a “best of show”. We simply went back and picked what we thought was a strong representation of what we do on a daily basis and were fortunate enough to named a regional winner.”

Students work on the show every morning in first and second period, and for WTV Daily Update Producer Neha Perumalla, it’s a reflection of the hard work she and others put into the  show.

“It feels amazing to have won this award,” Perumalla said. “All the hard work and stress that goes into making the daily update every day is finally paying off.”

National winners will be announced at the Student Television Network convention on March 29 in Anaheim, CA.

Wade Glover, WTV Daily Update Producer
Wade Glover is a junior. He is the grade level president of Young Men’s Service League and proudly volunteers with Frisco Family Services, BedStart, and Friday Nite Friends. He is also an active member of Custer Road United Methodist Church and the youth programs there. Wade’s hobbies are golfing, wakeboarding, hanging out with friends, and...