Student artwork reception Tuesday night

Frisco ISD is an ever-growing district with new plans constantly in play, and Wingspan was able to sit down with the man who runs it all. Here is the final part of a special interview with Dr. Mike Waldrip.

Maddie Owens

Melody Tavallaee, Guest Contributor

Frisco ISD will be holding the Vertical Art Show reception on Tuesday from 6 – 7:30 p.m. at the FISD Administration Building. The reception is an open time for anyone to view the artwork of students in the Liberty and Lebanon Trail High School feeding patterns.

“The students will be attending the receptions with their families and friends,” art teacher Pernie Fallon said. “It’s usually pretty crowded, I don’t have a good guess as for the number but hundreds.”

Several students from campus will have their work on display including freshman Arunima Mittra.

“It’s kind of just out there for the whole world to see,” Mittra said. “It’s actually the first time so it feels really good.”

Art plays a big role in Mittra’s life so being able to share it with others within the district through Jan. 26 is a great opportunity to share her passion.

“I guess art just means everything to me; it’s like my form of expression since I’m actually terrible with words,” Mittra said. “I like to think that I draw for other people rather than myself so showing it to people always feels good.”