Humanities students perform world views

As an alternative to notes, GT Humanities students are expressing various world views through performances.

GT Humanities

Brooke Colombo, News Editor

Students in GT Humanities are enhancing their knowledge of history by creating a performance over a specific world region.

The project is designed to convey a specific political or revolutionary thought during their chosen region between the 18th and 20th century.

“[The project] has required students to do a deep dive into the essential questions of history,” GT Humanities teacher Sarah Wiseman said. “It has also allowed them to explore ways of communicating other than through prose, which allows them to explore their creativity.”

Students focus on forms of art to express world conflicts.

“Mine was over latin america and my group did a vaudeville about creoles and spaniards,” sophomore Bonita Tapiawala said. “It was very tedious, but watching other people’s performances is beneficial because you learn history through a different medium.”

With AP exams underway, the project offers an alternative way to study in preparation.

“It went very well with the curriculum and what we were learning,” sophomore Eddie Chen said. “It definitely taught us a lot while also being a lot more fun than notes.”