• Freshman Flight School Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

• First day of school is August 21

• Wingspan is on summer vacation but check back for occasional updates

Review: Carlo’s Bakery

Staff reporter Catie Reeves visits Carlo's Bakery's new location in Stonebriar Mall.

Catie Reeves

Catie Reeves, Staff Reporter

Carlo’s Bakery of Cake Boss fame has found a new home in Frisco at Stonebriar Mall. Opening February 4th it has already helped thousands of customers and baked thousands of goods.

The business first started as a small bakery in the town of Hoboken, NJ. Originally opening in 1910, it has been family owned from the beginning. The bake shop is famous for its Italian heritage and popular pastries that are raved about from all around the nation.

Buddy Valastro, owner of Carlo’s Bakery, saw his star rise with the debut of the TV show Cake Boss in 2009 on TLC. Ever since the show first aired, it has gained fans from around the world and had drawn customers from all over the country.

The bakery is best known for its extravagant cakes that defy the odds. With large custom made cakes costing up to $15,000. However the most talked about best sellers are definitely the smaller pastries such as the Lobster Tails and cannolis. These fan favorites are made from recipes written when the bakery first opened in the early 1900s.

The opening at Stonebriar Mall was chaotic with the Frisco location the second location in Texas, the other found in downtown Dallas. With lines around the mall, some folks spent more than two hours to get a taste of the famous baked goods.

The wait was definitely worth it. The display box at the front of the small bakery will surely have your mouth watering at sight with the cupcakes, cookies, cannolis, and brownies. Service is as good as it can be when the line for food is full of anxious customers waiting to order the famous delicacies. The thrill at the front of the line is enjoyable knowing you are about to take home some of the most talked about pastries in the nation.