Featured Athlete: Logan Ransom

Sport: Baseball | Grade: 12

Starting baseball as a little with kid with his dad helping him learn to play, senior Garrett Crew hopes he can help get the baseball team into the playoffs.

provided by Garrett Crews

Catie Reeves, Staff Reporter

Years played: 12

Pre-game meal: Pasta

Post-game meal: Dickey’s BBQ

Hype Song: Lose Yourself (Eminem)

Inspiration: Clayton Kershaw

Future Job: Pharmacist

Wingspan: How many years have you been playing baseball and What got you started?

Ransom: “ I’ve been playing baseball for twelve years now and my dad got me started with tee ball.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing baseball and why?

Ransom: “Just going out on the field and playing the game with all of my friends. Just having fun.”

Wingspan: What do you find most challenging playing this sport?

Ransom: “Most challenging playing baseball would have to be remembering all of the picks and all of the signs. Remembering all of the pitching and batting stuff as well.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite position on the field?

Ransom: “ Favorite position is a Pitcher.”

Wingspan: How do you prepare for the season?

Ransom: “We worked hard in off season and lifted and ran everyday, and now that season has started we are starting back up again and getting rolling.”

Wingspan: What was your greatest thrill in a game?

Ransom: “My greatest thrill in a game was probably the game winning hit, our first game of the season this year against Denison high school.”

Wingspan: What are you working on to improve your game?

Ransom: “I’m staying after practice to hit a little bit more and throw a little bit more so I can just focus on what I need to work on.”

Wingspan: What is it like playing your last year for high school?

Ransom: “It’s kind of bittersweet I’m going to miss playing a lot, but I know that this will be my last year and I have given it all I got.”

Wingspan: How do you plan on pursuing baseball in the future?
Ransom: “I’ve thought about playing in college, but I’m just going to go to Oklahoma State.”