Counseling office joins the world of social media

The counselors hope to gain more followers on their social media by offering prizes.

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

The school’s counselors now have a social media presence after starting Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.

“The reason why we decided to get our social media presence going is to utilize that as another method for getting important  information updates out there to help students and parents and even staff as well,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “So just another way to get some of the reminders, deadlines, updates out there in the social media sphere so it’s just easier for everyone to access.”

Now that the counselors are on social media, students will be able to not only see the latest things their friends post but they will be able to see the latest news on campus.

“We’ve been trying to encourage people to follow us,” Stokes said. “Kind of putting our information everywhere that we can. I think a lot of the things that we’ll be posting updates for are things that students want the information about; we’re able to provide it in a way that I think students will more easily access because everyone’s checking Instagram, Facebook, all that kind of stuff so I think it will help.”