Dancing to the rhythm of Glee

Red Rhythms spring show is Friday and Saturday in the auditorium with dances performed to the theme of the show Glee. Admission is $10 for students and adults and free for those under four.

Red Rhythm’s spring show is Friday and Saturday in the auditorium with dances performed to the theme of the show Glee. Admission is $10 for students and adults and free for those under four.

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

Taking it’s cue from the FOX show Glee which ended its run in 2015, Red Rhythm presents its spring show Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 7:00 p.m. in the auditorium.

“The theme of the show is Glee and I was watching a Glee episode last year around this time,” Nothe said. “I don’t usually watch Glee, but it was just random. I thought, wow this music is really good and I thought this would be a very challenging theme because it’s not something people usually do with a TV series.”

Reflecting on the episode she was watching, Nothe realized the theme fit with what she wanted to do with this year’s show.

“It celebrates music, it celebrates high school culture, and all different walks of life and things that teenagers have to deal with in life, real things,” Nothe said. “I thought this is kind of a great idea to go about and it will be relatable to the kids and relatable to the audience because the music has such a variety of genres and generations so I figured why not celebrate the music that they put out.”

With competition season over for Red Rhythm, the girls have been working on their performance for weeks.

“It’s very tiring,” senior Olivia Diel said. “We’ve been working really hard all year so just making it through this last week and having really long rehearsals is a lot to cope with but it’s something that you love to do so it’s really easy.”

For the Red Rhythm’s seniors, it’s one last chance for to be with their team.

“During spring show, I would just like to achieve everyone coming together,” senior Isabella Parish said. “Being a sisterhood and also making the show look good. Like having good dances and putting on a good performance.”

That’s what Nothe says she wants too with the show is as much for the members of Red Rhythm as it is for the audience.

“I just want the girls to have fun,” Nothe said. “They have worked so hard for like the past two months on this show. I want them to leave Saturday night and leave it on the stage and know that they did their best. I just want everything to run smoothly for the girls because they deserve that. It’s a celebration of dance and them.”