• Jostens will be on campus Wednesday to take graduation orders

• Tennis team is the area champion after beating Texas High 10-6 Thursday

Band hosts concert and silent auction Saturday

Among the more than 40 items up for auction in the band's silent auction are multiple gift baskets. 

Bidding for the online auction ends at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. All auction items can be viewed in person at the event from , 6-9 p.m. at Liberty High School. 

Visit      www.32auctions.com/springswing2017 for a look at the items available for purchase.

Among the more than 40 items up for auction in the band's silent auction are multiple gift baskets. Bidding for the online auction ends at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. All auction items can be viewed in person at the event from , 6-9 p.m. at Liberty High School. Visit www.32auctions.com/springswing2017 for a look at the items available for purchase.

Brooke Colombo

Brooke Colombo

Brooke Colombo, News Editor

Band’s Spring Swing Jazz and Chamber concert is Saturday from 6-9 p.m. in the auditorium and features live music, a bake sale, and a silent auction.

The proceeds from the auction and $7 admission will be used to fund band’s 2017-2018 activities.

“With the TRE not passing, we’re having to really dive into these fundraising opportunities,” Anderson said. “We will allocate the funds in lots of different capacities, but the biggest one will be gearing up for the marching season to make sure that we’ve got the sufficient amount for that.”

The auction will occur live at the concert, but participants can begin early bidding.

“Anyone can access that site even if they’re not at the event,” Anderson said. “If people don’t find something they’re interested in bidding on, there’s a donate button. All you have to do is create an account with your email and you’re in. Then, you can start actively bidding on items.”

Packages available at auction can be viewed on the auction site and were put together by students.

“There’s a lot of stuff we think people would be interested in,” Anderson said. “There’s a three-quarters bass and a nascar experience where people can actually drive a nascar around the track, some dental packages, and photography packages, so there’s a lot of really great items.”