Community rally kicks off new school year

The annual Redhawk Rally took place Saturday evening on the football field with the band, cheerleaders, Red Rhythm and the football teams introduced to students, parents and staff members in attendance.

• Signs dotted the campus to announce Redhawk Rally which took place on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017.

• The 2019 football season begins Friday night with a non-district game against North Garland. The Redhawks enter the season with a new head coach in Matt Swinnea.

• (Left to right) sophomore Khaled, sophomore Nicholas Poole, sophomore Bakari, sophomore Cooper Crabtree, sophomore Bryson Banks and sophomore Trey stand in front of some booths during Redhawk Rally on Aug. 19, 2017.

• (Left to right) seniors Youssef Mikhail, Blake Battle and Danny Marroquin pose for a picture during Saturday’s Redhawk Rally at the football stadium on Aug. 19, 2017.

• (Left to right) Senior Cade Wynn, junior Leo Walden, senior Marctavion Brandon, senior Jordan Jones (#12), junior William Penny (yellow shirt), senior Danny Marroquin and Blake Battles (12th Grade) talk outside the football stadium during Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017.

• Teammates Danny Marroquin (left) and Blake Battles (right) talk during Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017.

• Quarterback Carson Morris raises his hands in the air on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017 during Redhawk Rally as he talks with senior basketball player Zac Watson.

• Standing back to back on the football field, seniors Javon Greene (left) and Alex Poole (right), pose for a picture during Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2017. The community wide event introduced the football team, band, cheerleaders and drill team to those in attendance.

• Taking a moment to himself, senior football player Nick Boyer stands outside the stadium during Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017.

• Football coaches hang out on a small hill outside the football stadium at Redhawk Rally on Aug. 19, 2017.

• Walking up the road from the back parking lot to the football field, the marching band made its unofficial debut on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017 at Redhawk Rally.

• Performing at Saturday’s Redhawk Rally, the drum line performs on Aug. 19, 2017.

• Band members look for towards the stands during Saturday’s Redhawk Rally on Aug. 20, 2017.

• The 2017 marching band season came to a close Saturday as the group fell short of qualifying for state.

• Making their entrance during Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017, the marching band performs for fans.

• In years past, Redhawk Rally featured an intrasquad football game but this year the event was more of a pep rally. As part of the festivities, cheerleaders performed for the audience on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017.

• Along with introducing the community to the football team, band, Red Rhythm and the cheerleaders, there were various tents set up outside the football field offering food.

• Red Rhythm kicked off its year with a camp in Houston during summer break, but Saturday’s Redhawk Rally on Aug. 19, 2017 marked the team’s unofficial 2017-18 debut.

• With most of the fans in the stands sitting down, one small Redhawk fan tries her hand at leading the band at Redhawk Rally on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2017.