Policies in place for schedule changes

The+2017-18+school+year+began+Monday+with+dozens+of+students+wanting+to+make+schedule+changes.+However%2C+counselors+are+not+taking+appointments+until+the+week+of+Aug.+28+and+students+must+meet+several+requirements+in+order+to+change+their+schedule.+
The 2017-18 school year began Monday with dozens of students wanting to make schedule changes. However, counselors are not taking appointments until the week of Aug. 28 and students must meet several requirements in order to change their schedule.

Mady Daddario

Mady Daddario

Keegan Williams, Editor-in-chief

Two days into the new school year and some students are trying to make schedule changes. However there are certain requirements a student must meet to have that request granted.

Counselors are unlikely to consider a schedule change request unless a student meets one of the following requirements:

• You are a senior and do not have all of your courses required for graduation
  • You do not have the prerequisites for a course
  • Course credit was previously received
  • A data-entry error was made (two first period classes, or not enough courses)
  • You have decided not to participate in athletics, band, color guard, or another program (sstude may be placed into PE instead) or you have decided to participate in one of these programs. Student must have communicated with the coach or director about the drop or addition. Requires parent and teacher approval via email.
  • Schedule states “See Counselor”

If a student does not meet the requirements, they will be turned away due to the amount of requests. Appointments with counselors can be scheduled beginning the second week of school.