• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Senior plays for FC Dallas Special Olympics team

Soccer+team+manager+Noah+Mason+takes+the+field+Saturday+night+at+Toyota+Stadium+as+he+plays+for+the+FC+Dallas+Special+Olympics+team.+

Soccer team manager Noah Mason takes the field Saturday night at Toyota Stadium as he plays for the FC Dallas Special Olympics team.

Melody Akbari

Melody Akbari

Melody Akbari

Kasey Harvey, Sports Editor

Manager for the soccer team since his freshman year, senior Noah Mason will take the spotlight following the FC Dallas game for a Special Olympics game at Toyota Stadium.

“He loves sports hockey and soccer in particular are his two favorites,” head soccer coach Fred Kaiser said. “It’s just an opportunity for him to get out there and play on the FC Dallas field. A couple of weekends ago they went to Philadelphia which I think is really really cool. He’s a really good kid and he loves sports. It gives him a chance to participate a little more than he has in the past.”

Knowing Mason for years through his older siblings, Kaiser can tell Mason is looking forward to his time on the Toyota Stadium field.

“He’s excited,” Kaiser said. “You talk to him and he’ll start smiling about it, he’ll tell you everything once you get him going. When you talk to him about it, he’s excited and you can tell.”

Mason will be playing as a forward against the New York Red Bulls. With only 2 games, in Philadelphia and Dallas, this is their second and final game. In his second year on the FC Dallas Special Olympics team, Mason uses his experience as a way to fulfill his passion for the sport.

“Having fun and playing the sport I love,” Mason said. “We practice every Friday before each game and our coach really gets us prepared. I’ve always liked it, ever since I was little.”

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...

Melody Akbari, WTV Staff Reporter

Melody Akbari has been in broadcast for three years and enjoys gathering footage from anywhere on campus, as well as taking interviews. She loves pigeons...