Homecoming headaches

The+homecoming+pep+rally+on+Sept.+7+will+be+the+earliest+in+school+history+with+the+dance+on+Sept.+8.+With+the+dance+just+a+few+weeks+into+the+season%2C+students+are+in+a+rush+to+get+ready.+

The homecoming pep rally on Sept. 7 will be the earliest in school history with the dance on Sept. 8. With the dance just a few weeks into the season, students are in a rush to get ready.

Katharina Santos, Guest Contributor

Fall is here, and not only is it time for pumpkin spice everything, football season and cool weather but it also means homecoming is here. With the dance on Saturday from 7-10 p.m. in the main gym, homecoming is a popular topic of conversation across campus.

“We have been planning homecoming since this summer,” junior Sophia Garofalo said. “Homecoming is a part of the high school experience and it’s just so fun to get all dressed up and hang out with your friends.”

Filled with festivities and celebrations, homecoming can take a toll on some students.

“Homecoming definitely has an effect on a person’s self esteem, especially on girls because the guys usually do the asking,” Garofalo said. “Getting asked makes you feel that you’re  pretty and that you’re wanted.”  

For some students, the yearly dance can lead to stress.

“Getting a date to homecoming is kind of the status quo,” junior Jimmy Qian said. “Everyone is different and has their own insecurities, so I can definitely see where the pressure comes from.”

Although homecoming season can lead to stress for some students, at least one upperclassmen has found a way to put that behind them and focus on the positive.           

“Honestly, there’s more important things to be worried about,” junior Laisha Chopra said. “You’ll probably get asked to something later, but at the moment, you definitely shouldn’t stress about homecoming.”