Orchestra has 19 chosen for All-Region

19+orchestra+were+selected+to+the+All-Region+orchestra+with+a+chance+to+earn+All-State+honors+and+perform+in+San+Antonio+in+February.+

19 orchestra were selected to the All-Region orchestra with a chance to earn All-State honors and perform in San Antonio in February.

Brooke Colombo, Editor-in-chief

19 orchestra students made All-Region after competing against other Frisco, Plano, and Prosper ISD students.

“This is known as the most competitive region in the state of Texas,” orchestra director Julie Blackstock said. “To make all region orchestra is an incredible honor. There were 800 entries for Region for Orchestra and only 280 are accepted.”

Students who made it, like junior Eunjae Kim said the competition has motivated her to work hard towards achieving their goals.

“It feels good [to have made it] because I worked hard for it and I feel like these results reflect my efforts,” Kim said. “I practiced a lot, and my teacher held these classes every week where he made us play in front of other people to help with stage fright.”

There will be a concert in the auditorium on December 9 at 4 p.m. where those who made All-Region will showcase their abilities. An All-Region selection, however, is just one part of a longer process.

“There  are students from this group that made it that will record for All-State Orchestra on October 28th and find out mid-November if they made it,” Blackstock said. “If they do, then they will go to TMEA in February to play with all the other students who were chosen for All-State Orchestras.”

The 19 students chosen for All-Region are:

Vaishnavi Anna
Lucas Barr
Geethika Bonthala
Henry Cheong
Nandika Chirala
Kaeon Cho
Urja Joshi
Eunjae Kim
Noah Kim
Meghan Le
Amelia Leslie
Philo Lin
Tay Nguyen
Jonathan Peng
Lisa Punnen
Daniel Salameh
Warren Shen
Kelly Sun
Kevin Wei