Choir moves from the classroom to the stage

Choir+students+off+to+UIL+this+weekend.+

Choir students off to UIL this weekend.

Melody Tavallaee, Staff Reporter

Choir will be having its fall concert Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. Choir director Bruce Stevenson has been working alongside students for roughly the entire year to refine their skills and hopes the show will be an opportunity for singers to display everything they have learned.

“It’s been about a seven or eight week process to get all the music ready for the show,” Stevenson said. “We have been working on this music almost since the beginning of school, learning notes and learning the musical parts of it, getting everything ready so that it’s ready for performance.”

The show will be blending various types of music and gives attendees a trip across the world without ever having to leave the campus.

“It’s going to be a nice collection of many different things. One of the things the audience can expect is literally music from around the world. We have African music, Irish music, Middle Eastern music, and Asian music,” Stevenson said. “It’s going to be a very varying concert with a lot of different groups singing and even some 50’s rock and roll.”

The show is designed to showcase the work choir students are doing but also gives them the experience of performing for a live audience.

“My hopes are for us to give a concert that the people will enjoy, all the parents and families that are there,” Stevenson said. “I want our kids to have the thrill of singing in front of a live audience because that’s always a new thing for some of them.”