Chong seeks to teach students how mindset matters

Mindset+Matters+is+a+counselor+sponsored+lesson+that+created+by+science+teacher+Christina+Chong+to+help+students+with+their+mental+state+of+mind.+%E2%80%9CI+wanted+students+to+understand+that+it+does+matter+what+you+are+telling+yourself+kind+of+internally+about+really+everything+in+life+and+so+how+you+can+kind+of+change+your+mindset+in+order+to+be+more+successful%2C%E2%80%9D+Chong+said.+

Lucas Barr

Mindset Matters is a counselor sponsored lesson that created by science teacher Christina Chong to help students with their mental state of mind. “I wanted students to understand that it does matter what you are telling yourself kind of internally about really everything in life and so how you can kind of change your mindset in order to be more successful,” Chong said.

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

Mindset Matters is a counselor sponsored lesson occurring Wednesday during advisory in the lecture hall that was created to help students with their mental state of mind. While some teachers are sponsors for certain organizations, science teacher Christina Chong is the creator of this series.

“Mindset matters is something I came up with to teach about growth mindset versus fixed mindset,” Chong said. “I wanted students to understand that it does matter what you are telling yourself kind of internally about really everything in life and so how you can kind of change your mindset in order to be more successful.”

Although Redhawk Rant is not optional, Mindset Matters will be optional to those who want to participate.

“I want students to walk away with a better understanding of what mindset is,” Chong said. “And maybe having a better approach to difficult situations so that they can be more successful.”