Counselor social media giveaway

The counselors hope to gain more followers on their social media by offering prizes.

Lucas Barr, Staff Reporter

The counseling department is offering a social media giveaway for students that follow their pages by the end of the week.

“We started using social media as a form of communication for parents, students, and staff,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “We’ve been having a difficult time getting followers, so we came up with some more creative ways to get more followers and spread the word, because our social media accounts aren’t useful if no one is following the pages.”

Students that take part will be eligible to win a variety of prizes.

“We have that Raising Cane’s gift basket,” Stokes said. “It has a gift card, a stuffed animal, and some other things in it. We have free Rock N’ Pops gift cards, so people can go get free Rock N’ Pops popsicles, and a gift certificate to a restaurant called Red Hot Chilli Pepper.”

While the chance to earn a prize is enticing, the counselors hope to be in better touch with the student body.

“We just want students to know that we want them to follow us and use that form of communication since it’s so easy for you to swipe through Twitter, or Instagram or something like that,” Stokes said. “We encourage students to participate, so we want you guys to [leave a] like, share our page, tag a friend, because you can earn prizes and also then get all of the great information that we post on our social media.”