No break for basketball teams

Running+drills+at+a+recent+practice%2C+the+girls%27+basketball+team%2C+as+well+as+the+boys%27+team%2C+will+be+practicing+and+playing+over+the+Thanksgiving+break.+

No break for basketball teams

Running drills at a recent practice, the girls' basketball team, as well as the boys' team, will be practicing and playing over the Thanksgiving break.

Kasey Harvey, Sports Editor

The basketball teams won’t get as much rest over break as most people on campus as the teams try to keep the momentum of the season running with practices and games.

“We have at least three practices,” senior Jadyn Bennett said. “It should be a good tournament. With tournaments there is no game film on the teams we play but we just focus on what we can do to get better, so that’ll help us. Well we need to work on our defense transition and we need to work on our rebounding and basically our shot selection so that’s what we are going to work on. My favorite part of practices is the shooting competitions.”

For the girls, it’s a game against Bishop Lynch, the 5th ranked team in District TAPPS 1-6A.

“We are practicing everyday except Thanksgiving and the day before thanksgiving,” senior Sam Welsh said. “We’re going to be probably working on more plays, conditioning, and getting ready for our game on Friday. I think it will prepare us and it’ll keep us in shape. I think we are more prepared than other teams since we are getting a lot of practice time and we’ll do better.”

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether...