Band takes the stage for winter concert

Kirthi Injeti, Guest Contributor

For months band students have been working on marching band, music, All-Region auditions, and other performances such as school musicals all simultaneously, and now they will be able to show all the progress they have made at their winter concert in the cafeteria on Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

“The concert is always an excellent opportunity to give a quick review to the parents about how the fall competitive marching season went,” band director Jamie Weaver said. “And to announce how individual All-Region and All-State auditions went.”

Weaver is confident that the concert will go smoothly as long as everyone remains calm and collected.

“Every day from the first time the students walk into our band hall, we preach about being calm and professional regardless of emotional stimuli,” Weaver said.“We don’t anticipate anything happening that we would need to avoid.”

Freshman flute player Olivia O’Brien says that the concert will a good opportunity to show all the progress she has made in her first year as part of the band program.

“In some of our pieces I have solos and I think it would be cool to showcase all the work I’ve put into them and show off my skills,” O’Brien said.

For many freshman such as saxophone player Gurnoor Narula this will be their first high school band concert and will help build their confidence for future performances.

“I feel really good about our first concert, because it’s our first one and we’ve been preparing and working hard for it, and hopefully it goes well,” Narula said.