Bright new secretary on campus

Aliza Porter, Staff Reporter

Parents and students will no longer check into the office with the same face they are used to. As the former campus secretary, Barbara Marr, departs ways, former receptionist, Angee Bright, will be taking her place and fulfilling a new job.

“I’m excited about it,” Bright said. “I’ve been apart of Liberty for so many years prior to me working here. I was on PTA for several years before. I even started being the receptionist so it’s exciting to still carry on and be a Redhawk in a different position. I’m excited about it.”

Where as a school receptionist answers phone calls, greets visitors, and provide information to parents and students, a school secretary handles administrative details, school communication, and schedules appointments, all of which Bright looks forward to the new challenge and learning another aspect on campus.

“I’m somewhat familiar to what was going on, but I was always looking at it from a different angle. Now the pieces are kind of like a puzzle piece, coming together,” Bright said. “Now I can see the start because I’m always on the end part of it so it’s a different perspective. It’s a little bit more responsibility with this position so I think that’s the main important thing.”

A colleague of Bright and a secretary alike, Marilyn Bryant is eager to follow the journey of her colleague and her colleagues new job.

“I’m very happy that Mrs. Bright got this assignment and I know this is going to be a smooth transition for her and she’s going to do an excellent job,”  Bryant said. “I’m very happy that I’m working with her again in this capacity.”

Before Bright can fully move into her new position, former campus secretary, Marr, has the chance to train her. She also gets to share this significant school change with Bright.

“Ms. Bright is going to be absolutely marvelous,” Marr said. “And awesome in the new position.”