Showcasing their art, Frisco ISD puts teachers in the spotlight

Teachers, rather than students, will be the ones showcasing their work at the Frisco ISD Visual Arts Show: FISD Teacher Show that began Monday in the Administration Building Lobby from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and runs through Feb. 12.

Noah Servigon
Art teacher Pernie Fallon’s work displayed at the administration building.

“I’ll be putting in several pastel paintings,” art teacher Pernie Fallon said. “I’ve been working on it all my life, and I do a lot of professional artwork outside of school, and these are some of my recent work.”

Along with Fallon, Jeb Matulich, another art teacher on campus, will be participating in this event.

“It’s a good opportunity, because I think that people sometimes forget that most art teachers are also working artists,” Matulich said. “It’s a good way to show the students and the community members how talented the teachers are. I’m going to submit four pieces.”

Used to being the one teaching art technique, Fallon is looking forward to showcasing her artistic abilities.

Noah Servigon
Another one of Jeb Matulich’s works.

I don’t always have the opportunity in class for the students to see my work,” Fallon said. “This will give them a chance to see it and see how I use my techniques that I teach them in studio art.”

Junior Maya Koch thinks this is a great opportunity for Fallon and the other art teacher in the district.

“I think it’s really important to have this night because I think our teachers often don’t get the recognition they deserve,” Koch said. “I’m really glad that she’s given this opportunity to showcase some of her work; I’ve seen some of it and it’s really amazing, and I’m glad that she’s getting recognized for her hard work.”