Redhawks soar into third round of the playoffs

@RedhawkBall

Playing at a higher tempo on Friday against Texas High than the girls’ basketball team is used to, the Redhawks were able to take a commanding lead in the first half and secured the 60-45 win to advance to Tuesday’s third round playoff game versus The Colony at Lovejoy High School with first tip at 7:00 p.m.

Kasey Harvey, Sports Editor

Dominating Texas High 60-45 Friday night, girls’ basketball is on their way to the third round of playoffs against The Colony Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Lovejoy High School.

“The Colony’s really good,” junior Alyssa Nayar said. “I think we have really good matchups and I think we are going to do really well, not nervous. Just like how McKinney [North] prepared us for Texas, these two games kind of leads up to the next and really gets us prepared.”

Friday’s game against the Tigers forced the Redhawks to adjust their style of play.

“It was definitely a different style of play than we are used to,” junior Kelsey Kurak said. “It was a really high energy game. Texas High run basically a press and transition and just make us play super fast which we’re not really used to. We are used to running through our offense and having to work offense instead of just transition and having to break their press.”