• Summer vacation June 4-August 15

• First day of school is Thursday, August 16

Hoping pitch perfect performance leads to performing on the pitch

After sending in their audition tape, choir will be singing the National Anthem for the upcoming FC Dallas game Saturday.

Dviya Murali

Dviya Murali

Melody Tavallaee, Staff Reporter

Taking the pitch at an upcoming FC Dallas game is the goal of the school’s choir as they record themselves performing the national anthem Tuesday in the auditorium.

“We are sending in an audition recording to FC Dallas and they will look at it and evaluate it and if they like us, they will put us on the schedule to sing before a game,” choir director Bruce Stevenson said. “We have an arrangement of the national anthem that we got out and have been working on it for about two weeks; we’ve sung it before so we’re just kind of putting it back together.”     

The chance to sing at a major soccer stadium would help take the choir to a different performance level and provide a unique opportunity for students.

“I think it would be a cool thing to tell my friends or future kids,” junior Jessica Gordon said. “I’m a little nervous but mostly excited, it’s gonna be a really cool experience.”

Being able to perform the national anthem on a much larger scale than used they are used to could be an avenue for growth for the choir.

“To me it would just be an opportunity to sing with my friends and make a song that everyone knows sort of unique and enhanced in our own way,” senior Andrea Cobos said. “It’s just a good experience for the choir to grow in general, rather than an individual growth.”

If selected to perform at Toyota Stadium, Stevenson anticipates that the choir will get more recognition across Frisco through this experience.

“We thought this would be a great way to get our choir program some exposure out in a bigger arena than just being here at school,” Stevenson said. “It’s something that has city exposure and sports exposure with everything going on in Frisco; it’s just a great way to take our choir out into the community.”

Melody Tavallaee, Staff Reporter
Melody Tavallaee is a junior who joined Wingspan last year. She laughs at absolutely everything, even when it is not necessary. She has an unhealthy obsession with Shakira and can be found listening to her Whenever, Wherever. Traveling is also one of her unhealthy obsessions and she hopes to someday travel to every country on...
1 Comment

One Response to “Hoping pitch perfect performance leads to performing on the pitch”

1. Mrs. Colombo on March 7th, 2018 10:19 am

Beautiful!!!

[Reply]

• Hoping pitch perfect performance leads to performing on the pitch

Summer under $10

Review: North Italia brings fresh to the table

Vocalists sing their best at state

Pop punk band strikes a chord with debut EP

Classic film inspires dance lessons

Redhawks to work in rhythm with Knights

Band ready for final notes of 2017-18

Orchestra season comes to a close

Bands swing into spring performance