DGA students show off their moves

Perry Mellone

AP Language students were challenged to define what a “good life” means to them through a creative video project. This is meant to resemble the popular youtuber, Kid President.

Yael Even, Guest Contributor

Throughout the year Digital Graphics and Animation students have learned several softwares and increased their skills in photoshop, Maya, and drawing.

We are currently working on the Bloke Dance Project, where as the students are provided a rig [the Bloke character], and must animate him to dance to a well known choreographed song,” DGA teacher Hilary Wysong said. “The purpose of the project is to incorporate the 12 Principles of Animation while applying everything that they have learned about the process of animating and using a rig.”

Dance II students also took part in this project as they were required to create a video for DGA students to animate.

“The dance project was fun however it was a little bit hectic getting everything done and learning the dance,” sophomore Dorothy Collier said. “We had a short amount of time but in the end we managed to get it done. The project as a whole was a good idea because it was cool how two different classes collaborated on one project.”

Sophomore Jared Jones believes this is the hardest project he has had in DGA so far.

“I think the project is very good in the aspect that it requires a lot of the skills we learned from other activities,” Jones said. “However it is a challenge as it can be temperamental and overall difficult to work with the rig.”

For a lot of the projects, DGA students watch instructional videos in order to complete the project. However this project is more hands on and they are being taught by their peers.

“Being taught by the dance classes is great as they break down the moves to make it easier to work on our models,” Jones said. “While it is also a good integration between classes.”