The beginning of the end

Details on the ins and outs that seniors need to know

Although+the+end+of+the+school+year+for+seniors+means+graduation%2C+there+are+many+things+they+need+to+know+to+wrap+the+school+year+up+smoothly.+

The beginning of the end

Although the end of the school year for seniors means graduation, there are many things they need to know to wrap the school year up smoothly.

Noah Servigon

Noah Servigon

Noah Servigon

Melody Tavallaee, Staff Reporter

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, so does the deadline for seniors to raise or lower their class ranks.

“At the end of the fifth six weeks, towards the very end of the school year, senior ranks will freeze,” counselor Staci Stokes said in a WTV interview. “That’s how we determine who the valedictorian in the salutatorian of the class is.”

However as seniors get closer to graduation, they have more to worry about than just class ranks.

“Let’s say there are some seniors that haven’t paid course fees, then I change all of those outstanding fees and I put them on a holdlist,” financial secretary Christi Wilson said. “Sometimes that list is very long, but they don’t get their diplomas unless they pay.”

Once the school year is over, seniors’ student emails will be deactivated in July for 180 days before being deleted and digital learning coach Trista Hennebry recommends students back up important documents before this happens.  

“I’m going to send out something that’s going to show them how to download anything from their drive,” Hennebry said. “As far as emails knows go, I would just forward it to their other Gmail account.”

If students still need to retrieve anything from their accounts after this time, they can contact Hennebry to have their emails re-activated for a short period of time.

“They can send an email to me saying, ‘I would like to have my account turned back on’ and they’ll turn on for like three days,” Hennebry said. “They’ll ask for information like their names and student ID, verify information, and then they’ll turn it back on for a small period of time.”

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

Melody Tavallaee is a senior who joined Wingspan during her sophomore year. One of her greatest passions is iced coffee and you can almost always find...