Featured Athlete: Suzanne Ramirez

Grade: 10 | Sport: Summer Track

Featured Athlete: Suzanne Ramirez

Sophomore Suzanne Ramirez sprints off after the 2018 school track season for summer track with her team, Team Quest.

provided by Suzanne Ramirez

provided by Suzanne Ramirez

provided by Suzanne Ramirez

Wingspan: What made you want to join a summer track team?

Ramirez: “Throughout the summer I want to stay in shape so when i come back for next season I wouldn’t be dying.”

Wingspan: What team are you a part of?

Ramirez: “Team Quest.

Wingspan: How do you think summer track will prepare you for next season?

Ramirez: “It gives me more endurance and gets me mentally tough for next season. It helps me not get as tired as easily or complain as much.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest inspiration?

Ramirez: “Just my teammates you inspire me to get better and competing against them.”

Wingspan: What fuels your passion to run?

Ramirez: “I just focus on my health and I want to stay healthy by getting stronger and faster.”

Wingspan: What is the difference between summer track and school track?

Ramirez: “A big difference is in summer track they want you to go all out every rep. They give you much longer breaks and we work more on form.”

Wingspan: What do you enjoy most about this sport?

Ramirez: “My favorite part about summer track is probably the weather. Event though it’s super hot I like practicing in the evening when the sky is really pretty and you just ran.”

Wingspan: What is something that you want to improve on?

Ramirez: “Definitely my form it could use some improvement and that would help my time.”