• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

Coaches travel to Philadelphia to watch Parks’ debut

Holding+Keaton+Parks+U.S.+national+team+jersey%2C+former+assistant+coach+Jonathan+Mikulas+and+Redhawks+head+coach+Fred+Kaiser%2C+along+with+current+assistant+Adam+Cecil+flew+to+Philadelphia+to+watch+Parks+debut+with+the+national+team+in+its+3-0+win+over+Bolivia.+
Holding Keaton Parks U.S. national team jersey, former assistant coach Jonathan Mikulas and Redhawks head coach Fred Kaiser, along with current assistant Adam Cecil flew to Philadelphia to watch Parks debut with the national team in its 3-0 win over Bolivia.

Adam Cecil

Adam Cecil

Former Redhawk Keaton Parks make his debut with the U.S. Men’s National Team on Monday in a 3-0 victory over Bolivia at Talen Energy Stadium.

“The game was super fun and exciting,” sister Kaci Parks said via text. “I was anxious the whole time because I wanted Keaton to go in. When I saw the coach pull Keaton aside, I almost couldn’t breathe. This was the biggest moment in his soccer career and I felt so happy and proud of him. The stadium was pretty hype and it was cool to see the crowd cheer for all the players who made their debuts that night. We were in the section with all the players’ families, so that was awesome as well.”

Parks had a strong showing of support as his family was there along with boys’ head soccer coach Fred Kaiser, current assistant coach Adam Cecil and former assistant coach Jonathan Mikulas.

“Him going in; that was pretty cool,” Kaiser said. “Sitting on the sideline we could see the manager and read the lips of Keaton. We all got our phones and cameras ready. Once Keaton went in, it was a lot of fun for us. The U.S. was favored even with a younger team. You have two 18-year-olds score goals. It just builds confidence as a whole. Obviously for Keaton, getting out there, being a part of it and playing really well.”

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Kasey Harvey is a junior and is starting her third year of Wingspan with this being her first as editor-in-chief. She enjoys finding local hotspots whether that be restaurants, boutiques, or scenery down a dirt road. Road trips are one of her favorite things to do and she will hardly ever say no to an adventure. Kasey is excited to see what this school year brings for her and is looking forward to another year of Wingspan.

Contact Kasey: [email protected]