Rush to get ready

Early homecoming dance leaves little time to plan

The+homecoming+pep+rally+on+Sept.+7+will+be+the+earliest+in+school+history+with+the+dance+on+Sept.+8.+With+the+dance+just+a+few+weeks+into+the+season%2C+students+are+in+a+rush+to+get+ready.+

Rush to get ready

The homecoming pep rally on Sept. 7 will be the earliest in school history with the dance on Sept. 8. With the dance just a few weeks into the season, students are in a rush to get ready.

A homecoming rush dominates the back to school conversation with preparation for homecoming proposals, groups, and mums already underway for the Sept. 8 dance.

“It doesn’t give anybody enough time to think about anything or make plans because we are still in the middle of summer,” sophomore Charlie Knight said. “It’s definitely a struggle to find what groups to go with. The struggle about who you are going to take and you have no clue who to go with. Last year was fine in my opinion, but this year’s too early.”

This dance will mark the earliest homecoming the campus has seen in years, leaving students in a frenzy for the first few weeks of school.

“It gives less time to find a dress and find a date,” junior Emma Gallagher said. “It hasn’t been too bad because I have a solid friend group but I did have to rush to go shopping and stuff. I feel like maybe more people won’t have dates. I think it’ll still be fun just a different experience.”

However, some students took initiative and starting planning as early as the summer.

“I don’t like it because it gives me not a lot of time to prepare,” senior Alyssa Killinger said. “We started planning halfway through the summer so it’s not too stressful.”