• No school Monday (April 29) for students

Concert gets personal as juniors meet hip hop star

Getting+Logic%27s+attention+during+his+July+concert+in+Dallas%2C+junior+Roy+Nitzan+and+Meghan+Champagne+were+invited+backstage+after+the+concert+where+they+were+able+to+meet+and+take+a+picture+with+the+hip+hop+star.+

Getting Logic's attention during his July concert in Dallas, junior Roy Nitzan and Meghan Champagne were invited backstage after the concert where they were able to meet and take a picture with the hip hop star.

provided by Roy Nitzan

provided by Roy Nitzan

provided by Roy Nitzan

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

It may have been junior Meghan Champagne sitting on junior Roy Nitzan’s shoulders, or the tears on Champagne’s face, but regardless of the reason, neither Champagne nor Nitzan are questioning why hip hop star Logic invited them backstage after his concert on July 29 at The Dos Equis Pavillion.

“We were pretty close,” Nitzan said. “There was this really tall guy standing in front of Meghan, and I felt bad so the majority of the concert I picked her up. I guess it sort of helped get his attention, like he waved a few times and winked at Meghan.”

That was just the beginning as soon, Champagne was talking with Logic. 

“At the beginning of the concert we were like waving to him and he saw us,” Champagne said. “Towards the end, he was calling fans up to talk. I was crying, so he started talking to me and then asked if I wanted to meet him after the show.”

An advocate for mental health, Logic connected with Champagne on a personal level.

“I’ve had really bad anxiety my whole life, and there’s never really been an artist who brought awareness to it,” Champagne said. “Anxiety is just kind of ignored and viewed as not important since a lot of people have it. He brings awareness about it, but he also mentions his personal experiences so you like don’t feel alone. You feel like someone is there and cares about you.”

Meeting one of her favorite musicians in person, Champagne is an even bigger fan now.

“It just makes me want to support him even more,” Champagne said. “You can just tell that he genuinely cares about his fans and not just the money or the fame.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Yael Even is a junior starting her second year of Wingspan. She enjoys spending time with friends and family. Yael also likes to keep up with her healthy...