Enforcement of student IDs delayed until Friday

Working+on+a+project+for+AP+Human+Geography%2C+freshman+Caitlyn+Tracy+sits+in+the+hallway+with+her+student+ID+dangling+to+her+side.+Enforcement+of+students+wearing+their+IDs+was+supposed+to+begin+Tuesday%2C+but+a+delay+in+getting+all+students+their+IDs+led+to+Friday+being+the+first+day+for+consequences.+

Working on a project for AP Human Geography, freshman Caitlyn Tracy sits in the hallway with her student ID dangling to her side. Enforcement of students wearing their IDs was supposed to begin Tuesday, but a delay in getting all students their IDs led to Friday being the first day for consequences.

The requirement for students to wear their ID badges while at school has been postponed until Friday as some students will not receive their IDs until Wednesday or Thursday.

“One of the issues we’ve always had on our campus is making sure that only students that are Liberty students are on campus,” principal Ashley Rainwater said. “We have so many extra doors and students opening doors to let kids in. The biggest threat is letting a student opening a door for a student who doesn’t belong to our campus.”

Consequences of not displaying school ID:

1- Warning

2- Lunch Detention

3- Reflection

4- Referral to AP- Call parent/SS

5- Outside School Suspension)