Museum visit designed to provide ideas for class

From+sculptures+to+paintings%2C+AP+Drawing+students+are+headed+to+Fort+Worth+on+Friday+to+visit+both+the+Kimbell+Museum+and+the+Modern+Art+Museum+of+Fort+Worth.+

Melody Tavallaee

From sculptures to paintings, AP Drawing students are headed to Fort Worth on Friday to visit both the Kimbell Museum and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.

Drawing inspiration from classical and modern artists is the goal of Friday’s AP art field trip to the Kimbell and Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth.

I hope they get some inspiration and ideas for their future work from looking at these artists,

— AP Art teacher Pernie Fallon

“They are going to be learning about painting, design, as well as drawing to create art and different ways of applying their skills,” AP Art teacher Pernie Fallon said. “I hope they get some inspiration and ideas for their future work from looking at these artists.”

Not only is the art in the museum a point of interest, but the actual building itself is considered an architectural masterpiece, designed by nationally recognized architects.

“The Kimbell is one of the finest museums in the world, and the architect Louis Kahn designed the main building and then Renzo Piano, who also designed the Nasher Museum, designed the pavillion there at the campus,” Fallon said. “The Modern is completely modernist in architecture, so I love looking at the architecture of the building.”

Learning about and experiencing art differently than she would on campus is something junior Divya Sinha is excited about.

“I definitely want to see the modern art, because we don’t really look at modern art and learn about it much,” Sinha said. “We mostly learn about older fine artists.”

As far as how the trip will impact her art, Sinha, does not expect the experience to modify her artistic style.

Something we don’t really learn about, is modern art. I’m excited for that,

— senior Melissa Rondinelli

“I doubt it would really influence it because I’m not really into modern art as I am into earlier forms of art,” Sinha said. “I may find inspiration, but since I haven’t seen the museum before I’m just going to see if i’ll be surprised.”

Senior Melissa Rondinelli is particularly looking forward to seeing the more modern paintings.

“Well we’re going to the Modern, and there is a really cool exhibit by Takashi Murakami,” Rondinelli said. “It’s called the Octopus Eats His Own Feet, and it’s really cool and there’s googly eyes, and that something we don’t really learn about, is modern art. I’m excited for that.”