• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Redhawks serve up 6th straight win

The+volleyball+team+circles+up+during+its+Friday+match+against+Independence.+The+team+swept+the+Knights+3-0+for+its+6th+straight+win+to+remain+in+a+tie+for+first+place.+

Redhawks serve up 6th straight win

The volleyball team circles up during its Friday match against Independence. The team swept the Knights 3-0 for its 6th straight win to remain in a tie for first place.

Jennifer Hernandez

Jennifer Hernandez

Jennifer Hernandez

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Keeping its winning streak alive, the volleyball team won its sixth straight game Friday beating Independence 3-0.

“I thought that the team did pretty well for the entire game,” junior Jenna Wenaas said. “Especially the first and third sets when we executed really well. I think we were a little surprised when we fell behind by a few points in the second set, but the reaction to that was great, and everyone fought to come back. So overall, I would say we played well.”

Now sporting a 6-1 record in District 9-5A, the team remains in a three way tie for first with Lebanon Trail and Reedy with the Redhawks hosting Lebanon Trail Friday night.

“Independence is one of the teams in the district that we can change up our lineup and really experiment with different people on the court,” sophomore Sue Slater said. “I think it helped our team to see how people work together to change things in the future. We played a strong game against them but could’ve not given them as many points based on our errors. It was a nice win to get under our belts while going closer to second round districts.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will...