• No school Monday for MLK Jr. Day

• Frisco ISD Choir Festival at Stonebriar Community Church Saturday from 3-5 p.m.

Clash on the court

Redhawks battle Knights

After+losing+the+district+championship+in+the+final+game+during+last+year%27s+season%2C+the+Redhawks+will+be+facing+the+Knights+once+again+Tuesday+at+4+p.m.+at+home.++

Clash on the court

After losing the district championship in the final game during last year's season, the Redhawks will be facing the Knights once again Tuesday at 4 p.m. at home.

Aaron Boehmer, Assistant Sports Editor

Seeking back to back wins after Friday’s 17-2 victory over Memorial, the tennis team takes on Independence on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. at home.

“We are rested and ready to play,” head tennis coach Erica Dopson said via email. “We need to capitalize on our doubles strengths and play confident; Independence is a strong team and will fight to win.”

While strategy plays a part in the team’s performance, junior Mehak Kaul believes that if her and her teammates give it their all, the desired result will follow.  

“I feel that we will do great as long as we all try our best,” Kaul said. “We have been working on our doubles match play to make sure we are prepared to play our best.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...