Knighted again

Redhawks lose another close match to Independence

The+chase+for+another+district+championship+in+tennis+hit+a+detour+Tuesday+as+the+Redhawks+fell+to+Independence+10-9+bring+the+team%27s+district+record+to+3-2+with+four+matches+remaining.+

Knighted again

The chase for another district championship in tennis hit a detour Tuesday as the Redhawks fell to Independence 10-9 bring the team's district record to 3-2 with four matches remaining.

Remi Williams, WTV Staff Reporter

Losing the district tennis championship to Independence in 2017, the Redhawks were hoping for a little revenge at home on Tuesday, but the Knights came out on top 10-9

“We fought hard,” sophomore Kayla Baker said. “But in the end we barely lost 10-9. It was really disappointing for the team, but we will keep working hard and hopefully get a win this Friday.”

On the other side of the net, the Knights knew it would be a challenge to beat the Redhawks.

“So we knew it would be a tough match, so we worked on techniques and stamina for a long time in preparation and in the end we did good,” Independence sophomore Vinanti Vemulapalli said. “It was a tight and close match and it was 9 all and then finally one of our guys pulled through and we won 10-9.”

Remi Williams, WTV Staff Reporter

Remi Williams is a sophomore and is starting her second year in Wingspan. She is part of the Liberty soccer team where you can find her protecting the...