Fellowship hops from home to home

provided by Twitter

FCA members gather in prayer during a meeting.

Allison Lynn, Guest Contributor

While most people would think a club so well known would meet on campus, Fellowship of Christian Athletes meets at various student houses on Mondays from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.

“We’ll do some praise and worship and talk about different aspects of the word,” FCA sponsor Stephen Friar said. “And we will have time where we actually share and give testimonies.”

Because the club is faith based and the sponsor helps lead the meetings, FCA is not allowed to meet on campus.

“I like how we are able to meet within, like with school people, but it’s also a faith based organization,” senior Emily Madden said. “And that it’s just such a tight knit community that you see the same people that come and it’s really cool just to get to know everybody, and like really grow in your relationship with God and with those people.”

At a regular meeting, FCA students will have social time, and then meet in one big group to talk about their faith.

“We have food and drinks for them and we will transition into worship time or an icebreaker game,” Madden said. “And then we get into the Bible study and discussion time.”

This year’s first FCA meeting had more than 60 people in attendance with it’s time convenient  for students like freshman Kayce Qualls.

“I joined FCA because I can’t always go to church,” Qualls said. “But, I have an open Monday.”

The club is looking forward to growing its community this year and providing a place to meet new people.

“It says Fellowship of Christian Athletes but you don’t have to be a Christian or an athlete to join,” Madden said. “It’s an amazing opportunity to learn more about Christianity and to meet so many new people and make friends.”