• Tennis wins Bi-District Championship beating McKinney North 10-4

• Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run is Oct. 27 at Toyota Stadium

• Board of Trustees calls for TRE and Bond Election to be on Nov. ballot

FEF presentation discusses scholarship planning

Graduation+is+more+than+7+months+away+for+the+class+of+2019%2C+but+the+window+to+apply+for+scholarships+from+the+Frisco+Education+Foundation+opens+at+10+a.m.+on+Nov.+30.+FEF+representatives+were+on+campus+Wednesday+to+discuss+the+application+process.+
Graduation is more than 7 months away for the class of 2019, but the window to apply for scholarships from the Frisco Education Foundation opens at 10 a.m. on Nov. 30. FEF representatives were on campus Wednesday to discuss the application process.

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

With a three week period for seniors to apply for scholarships from the Frisco Education Foundation from Nov. 30 to Dec. 21, representatives from FEF were on campus on Wednesday to let seniors know about the application process.

“I hope to gain experience with all the applications and stuff with college apps because I know that’ll be a big part of the future,” senior Alex Lopez said. “I also hope to gain some financial aid just in general because I know it’s going to be difficult to pay, so I think it’ll be beneficial in the long run if I have some type of starting money to aid me in college.”

Knowing there’s the opportunity to earn scholarships for activities that span further than grades is appealing to senior Brogan Gunia.

“It’s really awesome that there’s a wide variety of scholarships for different merit related things and there’s like different clubs,” Gunia said. “It’s just like recognizing the things you’re involved with in your time in high school and that it’s not just grade based.”

With only a three week window in which to apply, FEF is trying to get the word out long before the application window opens.

“We have found that whether it’s three weeks or three months that the applicants pretty much have the same trend in when they decide to submit it and complete it and start their application,” FEF Director Allison Miller said in an interview with Wingspan in Dec. 2017. “So three weeks gives them a solid deadline with a time commitment, kind of rallying them to get the application done.”

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

Melody Tavallaee is a senior who joined Wingspan during her sophomore year. One of her greatest passions is iced coffee and you can almost always find Melody chugging unhealthy amounts of iced macchiatos while daydreaming of all the places in the world she would like to travel to. Melody is also very passionate about exploring science and medicine with hopes to pursue a career in health care in the future. Until then, she can be seen going on jogs, binge watching Young and Hungry, spending unreasonable amounts of money on workout clothes, and laughing at everything- even when it is unnecessary.  

Contact Melody: [email protected]